At Taylor Andrews, we are dedicated to providing our students with a complete and well-rounded education. We can teach you what you need to know about becoming successful in the salon industry. To ENROLL now please click this link for Taylor Andrews of West Jordan’s online application. Click here for Taylor Andrews of Orem’s online application. If you’d like to schedule a tour of the facility please call the campus you desire to attend.
A student who completes our cosmetology program can learn a wide variety of activities and essential skills, including:
|*Advanced Hair Cutting, Coloring & Styling||*Salon Business and Leadership|
|*Basic Makeup Artistry||*Hair Extensions|
|*Waxing||*False Eye Lashes|
|*Nails||*National Guests Classes|
|*Local High-End Salon Classes||*Study Abroad Trips|
|*Photo Shoots||*Hair Shows|
|*Charity Events||*Bridal Fairs|
Our cosmetology courses can give you the experience of working in a high-end salon as well as the opportunity to practice building a clientele and marketing yourself to prospective clients. Our courses are personally designed by the Taylor Andrews award-winning salon owner Larry Curtis.
Our courses are designed to hone your skills so you can become a licensed cosmetologist and build a portfolio that demonstrates your true talents to prospective employers in High-End Salons.
Besides our traditional classroom courses and clinical training classes, we also offer a wide variety of extra programs that can help you develop your skill set, including:
- Photo Shoots—You may have the chance to work with some of the best style photographers in the country. This can give you the chance to show off your creativity and skills. Past artists have included award-winning photographers such as Babak, Frank Armstrong, and Mitch Meyers, as well as Keith Bryce from Project Runway.
- Trips and Events—Students can take optional trips to North American fashion centers Los Angeles and Chicago. We also offer study abroad programs in London, Paris, and Milan. You may also have the opportunity to participate in the Next Dimension Hair Show (a Taylor Andrews event) and Spy Games (a team building experience.) These events give students the opportunity to work with real professionals in the field.
- Internships at Salons—All students in good standing are eligible to work in an internship. As an intern, you may get the chance to learn and work in some of the top salons in the area. Internships provide invaluable experience and connections for those looking to get their foot in the door in the beauty industry.
- National Guest Artists—You may get the chance to hear and learn from some of the top leaders in the beauty industry. Previous guests have included Phillip Wilson (Global Hairdresser of the Year), Eric Fisher, Nicholas French, Vivienne Mackinder, Ryan & DeAnnalyn Teal, Oscar Bond, Faatemah Ampey, Brian & Sandra Smith (North American Hairstylists of the Year), Geno Stampora (NAHA Hall of Leaders inductee) as well as NAHA Editorial Finalist Sherri Jessee. Click their names to view short videos of their classes at Taylor Andrews Academy.
Why Choose Taylor Andrews?
All of our instructors and team members are required to complete a rigid, advanced training program. We only hire top industry talent—our staff members have been nominated for a wide variety of awards, including: North American Hairstylist of the Year, National Educator of the Year, and Bumble and Bumble Future Hair Heroes.
Just as importantly, at Taylor Andrews we care about each and every one of our students as individuals. We want you to succeed, and we are dedicated to giving you the tools necessary to do so. We follow a philosophy of “Once a student, always a student.” Even after you’ve completed your time at our school, our staff will do everything they can to assist our students in career placement, regardless of what city or state you are located.
Our objective is to help every student gain the skills needed to achieve their career goals, whatever they may be. We can help you every step of the way so you can achieve your dreams of entering this highly competitive but deeply rewarding industry.
Taylor Andrews holds new class about every 7 weeks. Please submit the Request Information Form to be sent Information on Taylor Andrews Curriculum, Class dates, Schedules, Tuition and Financing.
Financial Aid Available for those who qualify
FAFSA Federal Student Aid and pell grants are available at all of our campuses. To apply go to http://www.fafsa.ed.gov. Enter the correct school code for the location you desire:
Orem: E02200 West Jordan: 041732 St. George: 041842
We also offer in house payment plans and accept financing that you may acquire from banks and credit unions.
- Day School: First 7 weeks freshman stage: Monday – Friday 9:00am – 4:45pm , After freshman: Tuesday – Saturday 9:00am – 4:45pm (11-12 months, 33.75 hrs. a week)
- Night School: All Students go Monday – Thursday 5p.m. to 10p.m. (18-24 months, 20 hrs. per week)
- 3 Day Schedule: Tues 9:00am – 9:00pm, Thurs & Sat 9:00am – 4:45pm (15-18 months, 24.5 hrs. a week)
- High School Senior Schedule: The first 7 weeks of class are Monday – Friday 10:00am – 4:45pm.*After freshman ends you’ll go Tues, Wed, Thurs, Friday from 10:00am – 4:45pm & Every Saturday from 9am – 4:45pm (Limited to High schoolers only and participating school districts)