Learn the differences between the different options to determine which hairbrush will be best for your length, style, and thickness of hair. Continue Reading»
Looking to begin your dream career in makeup? You’ve come to the right place. Tiffany Leigh Cosmetics Makeup Artistry School (A Taylor Andrews Company) offers a world-renowned intensive two-week course that will help you develop the skills you need to succeed in the industry. Our award-winning staff helps you build your skills so you can get the career you’ve always dreamed of—whether it means working in a salon, retail store, with brides, or even magazine, film, fashion or television. We’ll help you bring your art to the next level so you become a truly indispensible asset to any prospective client. Click here for an online Enrollment Form.
Build a strong foundation for your makeup career in fashion, film, print, salon, retail and bridal.
- Tiffany Leigh Cosmetics Makeup kit ($1,200 Value)
- Set of TLC professional makeup brushes
- Professional Makeup Case
- Professional Photoshoot with a disk of photos of your model
- TLC Pro Card
- Basic skin care and color theory and how to identify different skin tones
- How to choose, mix and apply correct foundation, concealers, and powders.
- How to analyze the face and accentuate or correct certain facial features.
- How to highlight and contour, shape eyebrows, apply eyeliner/shadow/mascara/false lashes.
- How to apply cheek and lip colors and how to create Natural, Fashion, Glamour, Bridal and Editorial looks.
- Tips on networking to expand your business and creating your portfolio.
- 2 Weeks (50 Hours) Monday – Friday · Day School Hours 10am-4pm · Night School Hours 5pm-10pm
Makeup Artistry Instructors
Tiffany Leigh Cosmetics Founder and Creative Director Sherri Curtis is an Award Winning Makeup Artist whose work has been featured in Allure, Marie Claire, Elle, Modern Salon, American Salon, and Salt Lake City Magazines. Sherri has also been an artist for The Academy Awards, The Sundance Film Festival and Miss Utah USA and Miss Teen Utah USA. Sherri has been part of 10 NAHA finalist collections and has been the Key Makeup Artist for 3 of Nicholas French’s presentations at the Alternative Hair Show in London. Denise Christensen has been in the entertainment biz for over fifteen years, nine in Makeup Artistry. Her formal training was at Makeup Designory in LA studying Makeup, Hairstyling & Wardrobe Styling. Since then she has had to opportunity to work in film, editorial, runway, bridal, fitness, commercial, music videos, pageants, and live performances. She also has 5 years experience working for MAC Cosmetics. Denise has also worked at Sundance Film Festival, Tyra Banks website, Fuse T.V NY, Milk Studios NY & Wire Image LA. Ashlee Chris has been doing hair and makeup since 2001, working with MAC for over 10 years. Ashlee has also worked with TMG Entertainment in Miami. Her credit includes the Cannes Film Festival in France, The Sundance Film Festival, and work with celebrities such as Paris Hilton, Kristen Stewart, Denise Richards, Mischa Barton, Chris Pine, Alan Rickmen, and Adrien Brody. Daniela Rowson, a Taylor Andrews graduate, has extensive experience ranging from brides and fashion shows to special events, photo shoots, and The Sundance Film Festival. Daniela spent several years working with MAC Cosmetics and has also worked with world-renowned filmmaker, Kalvin Lazarte of Milk Studios. Daniela has additional makeup artistry experience working with Miss Utah USA and Miss Teen Utah USA. Stephanie Anderson has been in the beauty industry for over 26 years, with valuable experience in film, music video, photo shoots, commercials, bridal and pageants. Stephanie’s skill with SFX (special effects) and airbrush makeup has been featured on Good Morning Utah. Stephanie has an infectious passion for the industry and loves to continue learning and sharing this passion with others.
M·A·C Pro Student Program
In addition to our training, Taylor Andrews Academy is a M·A·C Pro approved school. Which means a certification from our Academy will allow you access to the M·A·C Pro Card and M·A·C Pro Student Program.
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Makeup artists working in the United States earned an average annual salary of nearly $64,000 and average hourly wages of about $30.50