Financial Aid (FAFSA) – for those who qualify
Student Loans through Federal Financial Student Aid: No down payment + no monthly payments until 6 months after graduation with a 10 year repayment plan. You can apply at www.fafsa.ed.gov. From there you will apply for a PIN number if you’ve not previously done so. After completing a FAFSA you may be able to receive the following types of Federal Financial Aid.
Pell Grant: The FAFSA will determine your eligibility to receive the Pell Grant. Qualifying students can be awarded up to $5,815 per academic year. This grant does not have to be paid back.
Federal Loans: The FAFSA will determine your eligibility to receive Federal Student Loans. The loan amount is determined by need. There are two types of loans that Taylor Andrews participates in. These loans are:
Direct Subsidized Loans * are awarded on the basis of financial need. No interest is charged while you are enrolled in school. Repayment begins six months after the student graduates or leaves Taylor Andrews Academy. The current interest rate on a Subsidized Loan is 3.76%.
Direct Unsubsidized Loans * are not based on financial need. Interest is charged during all periods of the loan, including while you are attending school. Repayment begins six months after the student graduates or leaves Taylor Andrews Academy. The interest rate on this loan is 3.76%
Mountain America Credit Union or Bank of your choice
You can apply to any financial institution of your choice to obtain funding. One lender that works with us and provides student loans is Mountain America Credit Union. No down payment is required and monthly payments around $50-100 per month. You can fill out loan papers at your local MACU branch or call (1-800-748-4302 & Select option 2). Apply Online at https://alps.macu.com
Payment Plans through Taylor Andrews Academy
Make a $2,000 down payment and 12-24 monthly payments (depending on if you’re a Day or Night student) of $200 and up per month @ 3.67% interest while you are in school with a balloon payment due by the last month.
*A personalized amount may also be worked out with the Academy.
Military: Montgomery & Post -9/11 G.I. Bill ®
Tuition assistance is available. Each education benefit program and service has its own eligibility requirements. Eligible persons may apply through the State of Utah Department of Veterans Affairs, http://www.gibill.va.gov/apply-for-benefits/.
The school will certify enrollment for Utah Department of Workforce Services http://jobs.utah.gov/ and Utah State Office of Rehabilitation http://www.usor.utah.gov/. Please speak to your counselor for details.
Alpine School District: High School Student Scholarship Program
High School students are not eligible for federal financial aid. Alpine school district high school students may enroll and qualify for a school district partial-tuition scholarship that is matched by Taylor Andrews Academy. The Alpine School District scholarship for high school students has its own criteria for eligibility. See your high school counselor for eligibility or call Janna Roberts for an appointment 801-610-8451
Steps to Apply for Federal Financial Student Aid (FAFSA)
Orem Campus School Code: E02200
West Jordan Campus School Code: 041732
STEP 1: Getting an FSA ID
- To apply for your ID go to fsaid.ed.gov
- Create a FSA ID
- Your ID is your electronic signature for FAFSA on the web. If you are a dependent student your parents will need an FSA ID, too.
- The Department of Education considers a student independent by the following criteria: If none of the above
- You are at least 24 years old on the day you file your FAFSA
- You are married on the day you file your FAFSA
- You are a parent
- You are and Orphan or Ward of the Court (or were until age 18)
- You are a Veteran or currently serving on active duty in the U. S Armed Forces
- You were a Foster Child after the age of 13
- You are an emancipated child as determined by the court judge
For additional questions regarding your FSA ID please visit https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa/filling-out#get-fsaid or contact the Financial Aid Department.
STEP 2: IRS Data Retrieval Tool
If you are eligible, we highly recommend you use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool. This tool allows both the student and their parents to access and transfer their tax return information directly onto the FAFSA website. It ensures that all information is correct and allows you to proceed without providing copies of your tax return. If you are eligible to use the IRS Data Retrieval tool click Link to IRS and provide the exact address and information used to file your taxes.
If you are ineligible you will need to gather your most recent tax information and manually enter the data. To find out if you are eligible or for additional information about the IRS Data Retrieval Tool please see: http://www.finaid.org/fafsa/irsdataretrievaltool.phtml
STEP 3: Side note for filling out the FAFSA
- If you have already filed a FAFSA for the current award year there is no need to do it again. Just add Taylor Andrews Academy to your list of schools under school selection with our school code
- E02200 – Orem
- 041732 – West Jordan
- When you enter your High School please click the “confirm” button so that the system can accurately record
*Please note that the FAFSA is a FREE Application for Federal Student Aid and will never ask for payment information.
STEP 4: Complete your Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note at:
- All students who plan to take out Subsidized or Unsubsidized Loans will be required to complete Entrance Counseling and Sign a Master Promissory Note (MPN).
- You can access both tasks at www.studentloans.gov. Please be sure to enter the school you plan to attend when completing your Entrance Counseling and MPN.
If you have Questions or need assistance filling out your FASA:
Contact Taylor Andrews Financial Aid Department at
West Jordan 801-748-2288 and ask for Kelsie, email@example.com
Orem 801-655-0797 and ask for Izella, firstname.lastname@example.org